Sunday, February 28, 2016

Tasting - Vina Galana Alicante Bouchet 2012


Name: Vina Galana
Variety: Alicante Bouchet
Region: N/A
Country: Spain
Year: 2012
Price: $15.00

Winery review: From the rare Alicante Bouchet, one of the few grapes in the world with red flesh  this wine has a plush texture carring flavors of brandied cherry and chocolate ganache in this round red. Light tannins and gentle acidity impart a lovely, balanced structure.

My review: I'll tell you what, this wine had some very nice legs accompanied by a musty/raspberry aroma. It was a wine that I was very excited to try based on the nose. The taste was entirely different. The taste of pepper was overpowering and stayed on the palate even through the finish. The wine was still pretty decent but I probably wouldn't purchase it myself.


This was tasted without food

No comments:

Post a Comment