Thursday, January 28, 2016

My Experiences (or lack thereof) with Wine

   Ever since I was a little kid, my parents have enjoyed ending the day with a nice, healthy, red wine. Unfortunately, below the age of 21 I was never able to join them in their endeavors and always watched from afar. Now that I am 21, with little experience with any sort of wine my hope is to make myself into a wine enthusiast. The art of matching a wine with a meal and just tasting wine in general excites me.
   My initial thought of red wine is that it's smell is strong and almost vulgar. I can't tell the difference between a good wine or a bad wine other than the apparent reaction of other people. The wine that I have consumed can be considered on the cheaper scale, and I had always assumed wine cost was much more expensive than other alcohol. I have already begun to see how it can still be affordable to be a wine enthusiast.
   I hope and can already tell that this course will guide me into thinking for myself in wine selection. The opportunities to attend wine tastings and write my own reviews really interests me. Deciphering smells and tastes has never been my strong point, but I have never really given myself the chance to focus on those aspects of food or drinks. I consider myself a man of cheap taste, yet this course has the chance to change me of my ways.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment