Sunday, March 6, 2016

Tasting - Velvet Crush Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon & Petite Sirah


Name: Velvet Crush
Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon & Petite Sirah
Variety: White Zinfandel
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: N/A
Price: $18.00

Winery review: 
Velvety smooth texture just like its name. Soft tannins and lush dark fruit character. Cabernet Sauvignon and Petite Sirah bring backbone and character, while the Merlot balances out the blend for a soft, smooth texture.

My review: This wine smelled like the grapes were left out to dry before fermentation and created sort of a raisin smell. I didn't feel a lot of body when drinking this to my dislike, but if I did I would have viewed this wine on better terms. It went down smooth and fruity but left a little alcohol taste on the palate.


This was tasted without food

No comments:

Post a Comment